Ad

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Getting Back Into Nickel Coin Roll Hunting


I have always loved coin roll hunting through $100 boxes of nickels to look for 99.9% nickel Canadian nickels. These are the Canadian nickels minted before 1982. My brother and I first found out about these pure bullion nickels as a result of our love for copper pennies, and we instantly decided that we should take advantage of this great opportunity to expand from copper pennies into nickel nickels.

However, with the Harper government's decision to discontinue the Canadian penny, our recent focus has been to try to acquire and coin roll hunt through as many boxes of Canadian pennies as we could. During the summer, we made our way through 14 boxes of Canadian pennies. As I mentioned in the previous post on this blog, our attention has also been on trying to establish our silver goals and prepare for how we can be successful with these goals. These two circumstances have led to the unfortunate fact that we have not searched through a single box of nickels during the past eight months.

Now that we are finished with our pennies boxes and have our silver goals crystallized, we are going to jump back into coin roll hunting nickels to once again take advantage of the little known fact that the melt value of pre-1982 Canadian nickels are worth substantially more than their face value. It will be interesting to see if the percentages of 99.9% nickels is still around the 10% mark in each box, but I suspect that it will have fallen in the period since our last hunt. Nonetheless, my brother and I are extremely excited to begin coin roll hunting through nickels once again. In fact, we already have our first box and plan to obtain a few more to search through during the Thankgiving weekend. Although we no longer have our boxes of pennies to go through, we are thankful that one of our favourite hobbies can still occur through boxes of nickels.

If you would like to see the results from our new boxes, or from any of our past boxes, visit our YouTube Channel. Also, let us know in the comment section below what you are coin roll hunting through these days. Best of luck in your searches this week!

1 comment:

  1. Dave saved my wedding ring!!! I lost my band next day after the wedding on Black rock. Though this would not happen to me... It did. So I found metal detector Indonesia number and called. He vet been so nice to come same day at night to help me. Couldn't ask for more. Very happy.
    where to buy metal detector Indonesia

    ReplyDelete